Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 2 Day 3

Stats:

REST!!!!!
 
Day 3 of each week is my rest day.  I feel like it is way too early in training to be relishing rest days as much as I did yesterday.  On the other hand, it was great.  I did absolutely nothing in my evening.  I sat around and spent time being social.  Social life is good for you.  Enjoying the company of other people is essential to who we are as people.  I am quite an introvert so I have to force myself to spend time with other people, but I find that when I do, most of the time I end up enjoying myself and feeling really good afterwards. 
  
I also started working on my new diet yesterday.  I am working on reducing/cutting out refined carbohydrates.  I do not know if I can completely cut out refined carbs.  Both because I love sweets, and because of my limited choices on some days.  So my go-to breakfast right now is an egg-white omelet, some form of breakfast meat, and oatmeal.  I am also working on keeping filled up on fruit.  I eat pears and bananas throughout the day. 
 
Tonight my training plan shows that it is a hill workout which will consist of 3x600 meter repeats.  Not sure where to find a 600 meter hill, but I think I found something close to it.  I will be working out with my running partner tonight.  It will be a nice shorter workout rather than simply sustained running.  I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment