Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 2 Day 1

Week 2 Day 1:

Stats:
Time:1 Hour
Effort: Medium-Hard
Distance: 6.9 Miles
Pace: 8:44

Last night was an hour run at a medium effort... or at least that was what is was supposed to be.  Ran with a friend and I think we pushed each other a little too much.  We finished 6.9 miles in the hour with an average pace around 8:45 per mile.  Not fast, but a little bit faster that I had intended.  Still a very good run.
    
Right now with my current schedule, I have been eating dinner before I run, but I think that the food I am eating is not agreeing with my stomach in the early parts of my run.  I need to experiment a little bit more with what I am eating pre-run.  Last night it was a turkey sandwich and potato wedges, and a couple bites of cheesecake.  I wasn't going to eat the cheesecake, but someone set it on the table and rather than saying no completely I agreed to have a couple of bites.  Then I let my food digest for about 30 minutes and set out.
   
For the first 10 minutes or so, I had to take it pretty easy because of stomach pains from food intake.  Once those went away we were able to pick it up.  Tonight I plan to eat after my run so I do not have the stomach pains.  I also need to start working on things that are easily digested that I can eat during my runs for when I increase distance.
 
I like the running app I am using.  I am using the free version of the Noom Coach on Android which I can set a time goal in and it will give me regular updates on percentage completed and estimated final distance.  That helps me keep within an approximate goal pace without being too strict about it.
 
It is always nice doing an evening run out here, because the sunset over the city looks absolutely amazing.  I love the way the colors reflect on the buildings in the near distance, and the uniformity of the color of the buildings makes it look incredible. 
 
After the run, I stretched out for a little bit.  I am thinking about incorporating some yoga or something similar into my cooldown/stretching.  I just need to find something to use.  I also have ordered a foam roller for when my muscles need some extra working out and I should be receiving that soon.
 
Tonight's run will be a 45 minute to one hour run at an easy pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment